NEW SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS AND MENTORS
Parents, students, employees, and community members who wish to volunteer at a school, regional center, or district office MUST register online as follows:
- Parents, will log into Parent Portal.
- M-DCPS Students, will log into Student Portal.
- M-DCPS Employees will log into Employee Portal.
- All other volunteers/community members, will log into Community Portal. After portal login, follow these steps:
- Click the Services and Sites tab at the top.
- Click on the Be a School Volunteer! link.
- Choose your school(s) and activity(ies) in which you wish to volunteer.
- Go to your selected school/location and show your identification for final approval.
RETURNING SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS AND MENTORS
- School volunteers approved previously by schools WILL NOT have to re-register.
- However, volunteers WILL have to log into the appropriate portal as outlined above, to re-select the school(s) and activity(ies) in which they wish to participate for the current school year.
- Returning volunteers will be re-approved on a school-by-school basis.
- After logging in, volunteers should follow steps 1 through 4 above.
- Employee and student volunteers must update emergency contact information before re-selecting school(s) and activity(ies).
- LEVEL 1 volunteers will require a new background check every three years.
- LEVEL 2 volunteers will require re-fingerprinting every five years.