SUMMER READING CHALLENGE
Join Miami Dade Country Public Schools’ Summer Reading Challenge through the myON program. The Summer Reading Challenge for PreK through 12th grade students will run from Friday, June 10, 2016, through Sunday, August 14, 2016.
- Students will be recognized for the most ”Time Spent Reading” in the myON software program.
- The top 30 readers (one student per grade level for each Region – North, South, and Central) will be awarded with a $50 gift certificate.
- The top reader for each Region will receive both the $50 gift certificate and an Apple iPad Mini.
SUMMER MATH CHALLENGE
Miami-Dade County Public Schools encourages all students to practice basic math skills throughout the summer break, in order to prevent the “summer slide”. It is recommended that all students in grades 2 through 8 participate in the Reflex Math Summer Challenge to promote the continued development of basic math facts fluency. The Reflex Math Summer Challenge for students in grades 2 through 8 will run from Friday, June 10, 2016, through Sunday, August 14, 2016.
- The six students with the highest “Green Light” usage in the Reflex software program will be recognized.
- The three students (one student for each Region – North, South, and Central) with the highest “Green Light” usage will be awarded with an Apple iPad Mini.