Applications for the Voluntary Pre-K (VPK) Program are now being accepted for the 17-18 school year. The program will begin on the first day of school of the 2018-2019 year, coinciding with the opening of schools. School hours for the VPK program are 8:20 a.m. – 1:50 p.m. Applications are provided in the main office and must be completed and returned by Wednesday, February 21, 2018.
The VPK Program Lottery will be held on Friday, February 23, 2018.
Please Note: Certificates of Eligibility (COE) are not needed to participate in the lottery process, but is a required document (signed, original) if selected, and must be submitted by March 18, 2016. You may apply for your COE online by visiting www.vpkhelp.org. Failure to submit the COE by the deadline forfeits your lottery selection.
REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENT ELIGIBILITY AND INITIAL SCHOOL ENTRY DOCUMENTS:
- Child must attain age 4 on or before September 1, 2018.
- Child must reside within school’s attendance boundaries.
- Parents must provide initial school entry registration documents as indicated in the Initial Registration Procedures Handbook:
- Original birth certificate
- Verification of age and legal name
- Proof of a physcial examination by an approved healthcare provider, including tuberculosis clinical screening, appropriate follow-up, and a certificate of immunization.
- Two (2) verification of parent/legal current residence (address)
- Disclosure at Time of Registration (FM 5740)
- Student residency questionnaire / Children & Youth in transition Form (FM 7378)
- Parents must complete Emergency Student Data Form
- Parents must complete Home Language Survey (FM 5196)
- Parents must complete Free/Reduced Lunch Meal Application (Student with a denied school lunch status are eligible to participate in the VPK program.)
For more information, please call 305-380-1901.