FRIDAY- FEBRUARY 22, 2019
Applications for the Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) Program are now being accepted for the 2019-20 school year. The program will begin on the first day of school for the 2019-2020 school year, coinciding with the opening of schools. School hours are 8:20 a.m. – 1:50 p.m. All applications must be completed and submitted to the office by Wednesday, February 20, 2019.
Please be informed that the lottery will be held at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, February 22, 2019. Certificates of Eligibility (COE) are not needed for participation in the lottery. Included for your information is a list of Early Learning Coalition of Miami-Dade Offices to obtain your COE, or you may apply on line at www.vpkhelp.org. Failure to submit your COE by the deadline forfeits your lottery selection.
Requirements for Student Eligibility and Initial School Entry Documents
Child must have attained age 4 on or before September 1, 2019.
- Child must reside in school attendance
- Parents must provide initial school entry registration documents as indicated in the Initial Entry Registration Procedures Handbook http://ehandbooks.dadeschools.net/policies/44.pdf found on the website of the M-DCPS Federal and State Compliance Office http://attendanceservices.dadeschools.net/index.asp.
- Original birth certificate;
- Verification of age and legal name
- Proof of a physical examination by an approved health care provider including a tuberculosis clinical screening, appropriate follow-up, and a certificate of immunization;
- Two (2) verification of parent/legal current residence (address)
- Disclosure at Time of Registration FM 5740; and
- Student residency questionnaire/children and Youth in Transition Form FM-7378 Project UP-START (homeless)
- Parents must complete Emergency Student Data Form.
- Parents must complete Home Language Survey (FM-5196).
- Prekindergarten Screenings Consent (FM 5490)
- Parents must complete Free/Reduced Price Meal applicatio (Students with a denied school lunch status are eligible to participate in the VPK Program.)