Last updated: Thursday, 4/23/2020
INSTRUCTIONAL CONTINUITY PLAN 2.0
THROUGH DISTANCE LEARNING AT DANTE B. FASCELL ELEMENTARY
What is Distance Learning? Distance learning is a method of study in which course content, assignments, and communication are held over the internet. Throughout the years, MDCPS has compiled a comprehensive collection of online content and digital resources to aide in distance learning so that students can continue their learning without interruption. During the time of our school closure, students should continue learning online by completing assignments and tasks, as assigned by the classroom/special area teacher.
General school communication will be delivered via our social media accounts. Administration is providing daily (Monday through Friday) “morning announcements” via our school Instagram stories. We also encourage you to follow MDCPS to keep current on district-related information. Click below for a direct link to each of our social media platforms:
>>NEWEST<< THE PARENT ACADEMY RESOURCES
These resources have been carefully curated for this period of distance learning and are available at The Parent Academy web page:
- Virtual Campus – The page includes pre-recorded webinars in three languages addressing relevant topics such as: Microsoft Teams for Families, i-Ready, Coping with Stress, ESE Procedures During Distance Learning.
- Family Matters – Over 25 topics explored to help families address vital matters such as: Mental Health, Divorce and Separation, Online Learning Resources, and Vaping.
- Virtual Family Fun – Dozens of links to local, national, and international sites providing enrichment activities including virtual tours and exercise routines, that the whole family can enjoy together at museums, national parks, zoos, theatres, and read alouds.
- School Meals – Link on home page: https://parentacademymiami.com/school-meals-near-me/ to help families locate meal distribution sites near them.v
ZOOM RESOURCE/SUPPORT FOR PARENTS:
- ENGLISH: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-Video-Tutorials
- ESPANOL: https://support.zoom.us/hc/es/articles/206618765-Zoom-Video-Tutorials
TIPS FOR DISTANCE LEARNING IN YOUR HOME:
- Helpful Tips for Distance Learning in Your Home:
- Free Online Events and Activities for Kids at Home:
- Ingresar al Dispositivo Móvil del Distrito desde su hogar
VIRTUAL COMMUNICATION/LEARNING PLATFORMS, RESOURCES, AND TEACHER OFFICE HOURS
Your teacher will use a variety of electronic resources throughout this time, many of which are accessible through the Student Portal. Commonly used resources include iReady, Gizmos, Discovery Education, Imagine Learning, Reflex, Unique Learning System, Duolingo, Kidsites.com, Move to Learn, MusicTheory.net, and more. (Please see the yellow School Closure Student Checklist for specific resources from your child’s teacher.)
Click the image below to find you teacher’s specific information during the closure.